Firstly this was not my idea, but then all the best ideas were not my idea, sliced bread - not my idea, dunking biscuits in tea - not my idea, half time pies at football matches - not my idea, in fact that last one is a bad idea, have you ever had a nice pie at half time at a football match? no I thought not, anyway why are they all about food? Picnics - not my idea, Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts - not my idea, not only not my idea, but a non-food idea, an idea I would like say was and is better than sliced bread. Enough I digress, digress from what I am not sure because a subject has yet to become apparent.
To those of you who know me, and as this is will be completely anonymous you wont, that said if it were possible that someone reading this could somehow realise they knew the author of this meandering crap they would not be surprised that I managed to get a reference to Glastonbury in on the first page.
Firstly I do not expect anyone to actually read this, I am thinking it is almost completely for my own benefit, to keep a log of what have happened and is happening during my "research" period. Let us start with the basics a little about me and how I have come to my present situation at my time of life.
Firstly my name, as touched on above and in the style of the classic TV show Dragnet, "all names have been changed to protect the innocent" in that vain my name from this point on shall be Captain: Captain Acid, yes I know, it seemed like a good idea at the time, and if it is my metaphorical ship, which it is, then I am the fecking Captain, I may even be sitting here with a Captain's hat on for all you know complete with scrambled egg on the peak.
I am sitting here still trying and failing with the notion of why I am doing this, and I don't mean writing the blog as that we have covered, that was someone else's idea. I talk of the psychonautic research that the blog's title derives, there is a very very simple reason for this, oddly that is often overlooked, the plain simple fact of the matter is that recreation users do it for pleasure, they is no other reason and remembering that recreation users make up 97% of users this is the number one reason across the board.
There are of course other reasons for the usage, and I have decided this is not the place for that discussion, however for those interested the subject is covered in detail here Why do people take drugs? , in fact I can whole hearted recommend this site, namely: Transform Drug Policy Foundation
Anyway less flim-flam and more action:
My only intention with this blog is to document my experiences with recreational drugs, and as it happens the vast majority of these experiences are very recent, and this is not because I am a wide-eyed teenager just starting on a journey of psychedelic experimentation, quite the reverse as I am in fact the wrong side of 40. This makes me a late starter and perhaps gives me a different outlook, more likely this just makes me a bit strange.
Just one thing, before I start my journal of psychonautic research, before the start of my journey I completed lots of more traditional research, by that I mean reading about the substances, knowing the dosages, buying scales, and being prepared. That said the first time I was not as well prepared as I should have been, and that to date is the one time I have been bitten on the arse by it. So remember kids, Captain Acid, does not say, "just say NO!", but says "just do your research first you blockhead!"
No comments:
Post a Comment